Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Additions



We now have 2 LGD's. I lucked out and found Great Pyrenees puppies that were pure bred but not papered and they were close. Mom, Sarah, Maggie and I drove 2 1/2 hours south and picked up Luna and Terra. The ride home took a bit longer because they pooped and threw up all the way home. They were not happy pups. It is very hard to accept that these are not pet because they are so incredible cute. Big fluffy balls of love, but we shall adjust.
We put them in with Pearl, our lone Doe. She wasn't too thrilled, but hopefully she will be the easiest to bond with. Tomorrow they will go out with the herd under supervision.
I was able to start on one of the Chicken Tractor's before the dog interruption, I will have more work to do next week. I have 3 to build 2 for our meat birds and 1 for the young hens before they are ready to be introduced to the flock. We are also expecting Narragansett Turkey's in late May. They will need accommodations as well. So much to be done, I am glad Spring is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment