Monday, October 17, 2011

Yummy stuff

Have I mentioned how much I love the Autumn? The time  of cooling weather, changing leaves and all the good things that come out of the kitchen.  We have 3 huge apple trees that were overflowing with apples this year.  I have made a few wonderful apple pies and am ready to move on to a new challenge.  Apple Cider Donuts.  I first fell in love with Cider Donuts when we lived in Delaware and the local orchard made them.  You could buy a bag of them for $5, fresh and hot, covered in cinnamon sugar.  Thanks to the cover of Hobby Farms Home magazine, Mom and I were really craving fresh donuts.  After sitting on the recipe for a week or so, we did it.  Before I share pictures, I just want to say that there is nothing in the world as good as a fresh hot donut that you made yourself.
Step 1: Get the apples.
Step 2: Make the dough, (this is not step 2) Step 3: Cut the dough into donut shape.
Step 4:  Fry those puppies up.
Step 5: Roll them in cinnamon sugar.  Still piping hot.
This is  what happens when you get tired of cutting the dough, just throw the bits and pieces into the hot oil, funny looking but still just as tasty.
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of us eating them, but eat them we did and were they goooood.
I highly recommend home made donuts.

So what are you waiting for, it's 'Time to make the Donuts'!

No comments:

Post a Comment