Thursday, March 5, 2009

Part 4 continued

We had a 5 hour drive home, we talked, and talked and thought and thought. It wasn't the right time, we had a timeline, do we sell our house first and hope we don't lose out on this property, do we buy this one do the work we need to do, move in and then fix our house and sell, can we afford 2 mortgages, can we get a second mortgage and on and on it went.
When we got home, our house awaited us, the air conditioner died while we were away, my mother and children were sweltering hot and miserable. We talked about the house the farm the land the town, we did a lot more talking. I emailed the real estate agent just to see if there were any indoor pictures, he sent them to us. It looked good. We decided to go back up and see the inside, needless to say we had our offer in within a couple weeks. It turns out we could get a second mortgage, we could afford it and the rest of the plans would just have to be rethought.
We closed on the house October 10th, the leaves were turning, the farm was beautiful, the town was welcoming and we were happy.
And then came Winter.......

No comments:

Post a Comment