Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm back


So for those of you who follow my blog, you will have noticed that it has been a couple of months since I blogged.  With the green weather, comes the green work.  We made it through all the rain and am coming out of the heatwave. The biggest obstacle to getting back on the blog horse has been how to recap the last 2 months.  So instead of doing that, I am just going to pick up today and go forward.
It is barn cleaning time, this causes lots of confusion for some of the goats, as they come home to a new stall.  Out of all of our kids this year, we only have 1 surviving doeling, she is quite happy to have moved out of the kid pen and into the big girl pen, her mother Maple is not so happy.  Psyche broke her leg a few weeks back, she is recovering well, and really enjoys the solitary pen.  So much for goats being herd animals.  She enjoys sitting back and if she could give the queenly wave she would.
Hamish and Doughall will be looking for new homes.  Hopefully I will be able to sell them soon before I can't part with their amazing fleece.  I did sell 5 of my sheep, leaving us with only 1 ram and 1 ewe.  I am considering still whether I should keep or sell these 2 as well.  I think I will revisit sheep next year, or not. 


Completely off topic, we had a Sow bear and her cub walk out of our hedgerow yesterday and just as quickly disappear back in.  We have heard that it is a busy bear year, but we haven't really seen it.  It is a nice treat to actually get to see them in the yard. 


I think I will leave off for now with some sunrise pictures on the farm.  Next blog will be more interesting I promise, but for now it is good just to be typing again.

1 comment: